National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), established in 2018 in Vadodara, Gujarat, is India’s first university offering multi-disciplinary education, research and training focused exclusively on the Transportation sector. It is setup with the vision to become one of the leading Institutions in India offering high quality learning to young students and driving relevant research to solve the biggest problems in the Transportation sector.
NRTI seeks to appoint an eminent scholar with an outstanding track record in academic leadership for the position of the Vice-Chancellor.
For consideration to the position of Vice-Chancellor, the applicant must:
- Be a strategic thinker and a visionary to be able to build and grow NRTI into a world-class university in terms of quality, scale and international recognition.
- Be a distinguished academician, preferably with international experience, and possess excellent administrative qualities with a minimum of ten years of experience as Professor in a university system or ten years of experience in an equivalent position in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organization.
- Have the highest level of competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment.
- Have demonstrated experience in networking and collaboration with bilateral and multilateral organizations, business and industry, government, research funding institutions, universities and institutions within and outside the country.
- Have a proven track record of quality research and publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs, books and projects.
Other desirable competencies and skills expected for the position include:
- Ability to represent and uphold the image of the University at national and international level, work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity.
- Capacity to work under pressure and have firm, fair and transparent management ethics.
- Ability to attract and inspire high quality academics, faculty and staff necessary to develop the University.
Not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
Salary and Service Conditions:
- The Vice Chancellor is an HAG+ post (Level 16 of the 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial Pay of Rs.2,05,400/- and other allowances).
- The appointment will be on tenure basis for a period of five years or upto the age of 70 years whichever is earlier.
Procedure for Applying:
- Application from interested eligible individuals in the prescribed proforma should be sent through email to email@example.com. If email is not possible, a hard copy may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to:
Search cum Selection Committee, NRTI
#368, Rail Bhawan, 1 Raisina Road, New Delhi 110001
- “Application for the post of Vice Chancellor, National Rail and Transportation Institute”, should be superscribed on the envelope/mentioned in the subject of email.
- Applications must reach latest by 5 pm on November 5, 2018.
- The institute is not responsible for postal delays.
Procedure for appointment:
- Appointment will be made from a panel of names recommended by the Search-cum- Selection Committee constituted under the provisions of UGC regulations for Deemed to be Universities.
- The Search cum Selection Committee reserves the right to invite meritorious candidates who may not have applied in response to the advertisement to go through the selection process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interact with and make a presentation on their vision for the university to the Search cum Selection Committee.